Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Slate

New year, new slate -- I didn't wipe the one from 2007 clean, I demolished it. Bring on 2008!

I've needed a place to post some of these links from the workshop mentioned below -- this blog is it.

This sound clip was sent to me in July -- scroll down to "Who Will Sing for the Nightingale." I first listened to it today; Deborah Henson-Conant is a genuis of a musician but also a phenomenal storyteller. Amazing how violence shapes our lives and sad how many of us can relate.

The video below was shot by L during one of our workshop sessions. I get chills every time I hear it. The riff is repeated over and over to facilitate focusing on embodying the riff as you play it. B is on violin -- and those high voices!! Probably Deborah and one or both of the Irish ladies. I'm on the natural finish harp near the end of the video.



I am distressed to learn that this year's workshop dates conflict with a wedding I'm scheduled to play on the night of the workshop's final performance -- the most important part!

A, one of the Irish ladies, performs a piece by Richard Thompson. Is there anything more beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment